Storm drain art contest
COALFIELD PROGRESS HOMESPUN — Passionate about keeping the environment and Norton clean? Have an artistic talent for conveying a message within your art?
The City of Norton is seeking local artists and creative minds to paint four storm drains to raise awareness about the importance of protecting our rivers, stream habitat, and aquatic wildlife.
• Send a color sketch of your proposed artwork around a storm drain.
• Artwork may include the street, sidewalk, or both.
• Text is encouraged to convey the educational stormwater message.
• Include your name, phone, and email with your submission.
• The deadline to submit entries is Sept. 21, 2020. The four winning artists will receive $100 and a chance to leave their artistic talents on the streets of Norton.
• Entries can be mailed or hand delivered to Michele Knox, Norton Community Center, 201 Park Ave. NE/P.O. Box 618, Norton, VA 24273. Good quality photos of sketches can also be emailed to email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Michele Knox at 679-0754 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please support the Coalfield Progress by subscribing today!