Absentee voting is urged for May council elections
Wise County Registrar Allison Robbins announced Monday that the office will continue with regular business hours, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., but the public will not be allowed to enter.
Robbins strongly encourages citizens to vote absentee in the upcoming May town council elections.
Absentee voting and voter registration are being handled curbside at the Wise County Justice Center, 5607 Patriot Dr., Wise.
To request an absentee ballot by mail, or to register to vote:
• Apply online at vote.elections.virginia.gov.
• Call Robbins’ office, 328-8331, or email email@example.com.
• Request by mail to Office of Elections & Voter Registration, P.O. Box 309, Wise, Va. 24293.
People who wise to vote absentee in person or register to vote in person should call 328-8331 when you arrive to let Robbins’ staff know you are outside.
• April 13: Last day to register to vote or update your address to vote in the May 5 election.
• April 28, 5 p.m.: Deadline to request that an absentee ballot be mailed to you.
• May 2, 5 p.m.: Deadline to vote absentee in person.
Please support the Coalfield Progress by subscribing today!