Theater project gets more funds
St. Paul’s Lyric Theater revitalization project is receiving an additional $400,000.
Gov. Ralph Northam announced last week that the Lyric funds are among a total of $1.44 million in state Industrial Revitalization Fund grants to be awarded to various projects across Virginia.
Lyric project organizers want to bring live music and theatre to the downtown facility.
According to the St. Paul Main Street website, the project also has received:
• $500,000 from the Appalachian Regional Commission.
• $100,000 from the town of St. Paul.
• $53,555 in capital campaign fundraising to date.
• $$35,000 in general fundraising to date.
• $40,000 grant from the Virginia Coalfield Economic Development Authority.
Phase I construction bids are to be opened Dec. 18, according to the organization. The state Department of Historic Resources has a say in architectural designs.
Learn more about the project at www.stpaulmainstreet.org.
Please support the Coalfield Progress by subscribing today!