REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR PROFESSIONAL ARCHITECTURAL & ENGINEERING SERVICES
FOR THE TOWN OF WISE MAINTENANCE FACILITY PROJECT
The Town of Wise is requesting proposals from qualified Architectural/Engineering firms/individuals to provide professional Architectural/Engineering services required to support the design, permitting, bidding, construction contract administration, and periodic inspection services for the Town of Wise Maintenance Facility Project.
The proposed maintenance facility will include:
1. An administration/office/maintenance shop building with multiple drive-thru maintenance bays, restroom/shower/locker rooms, parts storage, break/meeting room, offices, and map storage areas.
2. Warehouse building for storage of town equipment, supplies, and seasonal decorations.
3. Site amenities including employee/visitor parking, equipment parking, walled bins for aggregate/landscaped materials storage, and site entrance/roadway/turnaround, along with entire site perimeter fencing and gates.
4. A building program of spaces and required areas will be provided.
Construction documents for this project will also include an ice melt chemical (salt) storage building that has been previously designed. This design shall be reviewed for current code compliance and incorporated into this project. Additionally, all surveying, geotechnical, site design, and associated permitting services will be provided by others for incorporation into this project.
The selected firm will prepare complete construction documents, suitable for public bidding following Virginia Procurement Regulations. The selected firm shall assist the Town with advertising for bids and construction contract award and provide construction contract administration services and periodic inspection services for the duration of the project's construction.
To be considered, six (6) bound copies of Standard Forms (SF) 254, Architect/Engineer Related Services Questionnaire, and (SF) 255, Architect/Engineer Related Services and Specific Project Information Forms along with a transmittal letter of not more than two pages shall be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 17, 2020 to:
Beverly C. Owens
Town of Wise, Virginia
P.O. Box 1100
501 West Main Street
Wise, Virginia 24293
Proposals should be clearly marked “Proposal for Professional Architectural/ Engineering Services for the Town of Wise Maintenance Facility Project”. Responses submitted without these standard forms will not be evaluated or otherwise considered. This Request for Proposals constitutes the entirety of the solicitation.
Proposals will be evaluated by an appointed committee using the following criteria:
1. Specialized experience, expertise, and qualifications of the key individuals and any consultants assigned to this project in relation to the types of services to be provided.
2. Understanding of the Town's project and familiarity with the project area. Consultant's approach for performing the required services and the level of effort required by the Town.
3. Current and projected work load. Plan and Capacity of the firm to complete the work in a timely manner.
4. Past performance of the firm in providing services for other projects of similar size, scope, and features as those required for this project. Level of client satisfaction.
5. Capability to perform design and construction contract administration in a timely manner.
Two or more offerors may be selected to provide additional information through individual discussions. Offerors will be ranked and negotiations will be first conducted with the top-ranked firm. If a contract satisfactory and advantageous to the Town can be negotiated at a fair and reasonable price, the award shall be made to that offeror. Otherwise negotiations with the offeror ranked first shall be terminated and negotiations conducted with the offeror ranked second, and so on, until a satisfactory agreement is reached.
Questions may be directed to MS. Beverly C. Owens, Town Manager at 276-328-6013. The Town of Wise reserves the right to waive formalities or technicalities as it deems appropriate and to retain the Architectural/Engineering firm selected for subsequent phases of this project or any related project.
This request is extended without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, or physical or mental handicap. The selected firm will be required to comply with all state and federal guidelines or requirements, including, but not limited to:
1. President's Executive Order #11246 prohibiting discrimination in employment regarding race, color, creed, sex, or national origin.
2. President's Executive Order #12136 & 1162 regarding utilization of MBE/WBE firms.
3. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
4. Virginia Fair Employment Contracting Act of 1975.
5. Civil Rights Act of 1964.
6. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA of 1990).
7. The Virginians with Disabilities Act.
8. The Virginia Public Procurement Act (VPPA).
9. Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
10. By signing its RFP, the offeror certifies that it does not and will not during the performance of this contract violate the provisions of the Federal Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
The Town of Wise is an equal opportunity employer and provider. Small, minority and woman-owned firms are encouraged to submit proposals.
Please support the Coalfield Progress by subscribing today!