Saturday, April 29 is the day to clean out your medicine cabinet and safely dispose of expired, unused, unwanted prescription medicines.
The Southwest Virginia Medical Reserve Corps, the Appalachian Substance Abuse Coalition, local law enforcement and the federal Drug Enforcement Administration provide Drug Take Back events annually.
Only pills or patches are accepted; no liquids, needles or sharps can be dropped off. The service is free and anonymous, no questions asked.
Nearby locations to drop off medicines Saturday include:
From 9 a.m.-1 p.m.:
• Coeburn Police Department, 114 Front St.
• Food City, 603 Wood Ave., Big Stone Gap.
• CVS, 1128 Park Ave., Norton.
• Food City, 207 Woodland Dr., Wise.
From 10 a.m.-2 p.m.:
• Food City, 410 Chase St., Clintwood.
• Food City, 159 Pittston Rd., Lebanon.